Pages

Monday, February 6, 2017

Mares in the Night Author's Notes: "The Sweetest Meat"



The Sweetest Meat

             Sometimes a story can come out of nowhere and surprise its writer just as much as the eventual reader, as this pitch-black tale will attest. I don’t know what dark pit this one sprung out of, but I was equally delighted and horrified with how disturbing it wound up being. I suppose its origins can be traced back to my reading of "The Cask of Amontillado," that famous Poe story about a man being entombed while still alive. But to me, the more interesting story comes after Montressor has walled up his victim and Fortunato must spend the rest of his very short life chained to a wall in a tiny little room. Throw another victim into the mix, and things are bound to get downright anthropophagical in no time. The truth is there is little that frightens me more than being locked up with another human being in a small room with no light, water or food. Hopefully this story will paint a thorough picture as to why.

            Order your copy of Mares in the Night today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...